A business development executive is responsible
for researching and pursuing new business leads for
the growth of the business. The role involves active
coordination across teams and demands exceptional
inter-personal skills. The executive is expected to work
on new business proposals and presentations which
are a persuasive representation of an organizations
Job roles and responsibilities
The role of a Business Development Executive is to
assist the organization’s sales and growth efforts by
contributing to new customer acquisition. He/she
should be able to provide ideas to attract new clients
and keep the senior management updated about
marketplace and competitor activity. The primary
role and responsibilities of a Business Development
- Build contacts with potential clients to create new business opportunities.
- Keep the prospective client database updated.
- Make cold calls for new business leads.
- Support in writing new business proposals.
- Maintain knowledge of all products and services offerings of the company.
- Arrange meetings for senior management with prospective clients.
- Follow company guidelines and procedures for the acquisition of customers, submission of tenders, etc.
Competencies and Skills Required
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must have good negotiation skills.
- Must be able to create good presentations.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and an active listener.
- Ability to work under pressure.